August 20, 2011

...and this is where life begins

"I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be."-Douglas Adams

If you told me a year ago that I would be where I am now, I would not have believed you. I didn't like where I was, but I was trying to like it. I was trying to fit in. I was trying to fit a mold that was not me. I was trying to remake my situation into something better. And I really did try, hard even. 
Upon realizing that my situation was not going to get better, I left. I came home, started over, rebuild my life and moved somewhere else. Sometimes in life, you just need a moment to step back and rebuild. And that is exactly what I did.

In a week from today my roomie moves in. I am so excited for this fall to start. To have a roommate who is my friend and roommate. Not just someone I am living with. I'm excited for football weekends. I'm excited for fall colors. I'm excited to have a real college experience. I'm excited to decorate my apartment and have a mesh of both of our styles, not just mine. I'm excited for pumpkin things. I'm excited for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment