January 17, 2011

Instruction Manual

So, I've been watching my great boyfriend putting IKEA furniture together and it provoked a lot of thoughts in me. Wouldn't it be great if life had an instructional manual? Wouldn't it be great if life was a simple as building a simple piece of furniture, with each step and move easily explained and mapped out?

I think that would be nice. But we all know life doesn't work that well. Life is full of the unexpected, the unplanned, and unprepared. Things come our way that we didn't expect or even want.

As Christians, the closest thing we have to an Instruction Manual would be God's word, the Bible. But even the Bible doesn't tell us EXACTLY what to do and when to do. All we have with the Bible are the promises God has made us. For example, God will never give us more then we can handle. And He is always faithful to fulfill his promises. He has a plan to prosper us and not to harm us. His promises are endless.

Lately, I've been praying my path and steps would be made as clear as an instruction manual. I need God and His promises more then ever. And I've been walking blindly, being led by God where to step next.


No comments:

Post a Comment