September 16, 2012

Update

I start school one week from tomorrow. ONE WEEK. Okay, so most people would be writing about how summer is ending blah, blah blah. I do not feel that way! I feel like I had a really great summer. It wasn't really what I expected or planned, but I enjoyed myself. I tried new things, traveled, got to be a maid of honor in my best friends wedding, went to concerts, and moved. All in all, it has been a really great summer.
I have really wonderful people in my life. Without a doubt.

I am so excited for school to start! I got my classes all worked out after a lot of headache. So far, I'm still on the waiting list for dance, but that's okay with me. I'm okay with waiting it out until winter term.

Things are really looking up. After a summer of having so much of my life up in the air, it feels so good. I have a nice place to live, close to campus, with 4 roommates. I got a babysitting job that requires maybe 10 hours a week, which is pretty much perfect right now. I also started working out and I'm feeling really good about the changes I am making in both diet and lifestyle. I bought some red skinnys as a bold move and I'm excited for fall and to experiment a bit. (Hopefully, I'll be showing you what I'm wearing). I am always amazed how God takes care of his children. I am such a silly dumb lost sheep sometimes, working and working to get things to work out when all I need to do is be still. I have a Father who knows better anyway.

"The Lord will fight for you; all you need to do is be still." Exodus 14:14

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

No comments:

Post a Comment