May 22, 2012

He will use it

I'm a firm believer that God will use everything for His glory.

Everything.

Including that one thing you wish you could take back. The one sin you can't seem to beat. The one person you can't reach. The one relationship that seems like it will never be reconciled. God uses everything for his glory.

"And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28


Other than God telling me in his word, do you know why else I believe this?
I've experienced it. First hand.

In September, my life as I knew it came crashing down. I was faced with my own sin and the consequences of my actions like never before. I hit my rock bottem. Every choice I had made up until the point was affecting me so strongly I only had one choice: to pray. So I did. I prayed all the time. I blew through prayer journals. I spent a lot of time alone, praying. I knew God would bring people into my life when I was ready. But first, I needed to be grounded and get right with Him.
So I did. God changed me. He completly transformed me. He worked in my heart so that I would finally believe how beautiful I was. How treasured I am. How intentionally I was made by the Creator of the Universe. God planned me. God picked out every part of my story and how He was going to use it. And He has. There are a lot of things I have done that I am not proud of, but God used them. He used them to comfort a friend of mine, to bring someone back to Him, to grow relationships and heal past hurts. God cares about all the little details, and He uses all of it. Every. Single. Thing.
Now, I have a life filled with love. God's love, that I can pour out into others lives and hearts. A life filled with people. But I am no longer seeking to fufill the needs deep within my heart. I am joyful in getting to experience life with others. The joys, the tears, the sucesses, and the failures. I am so thankful for the relationships God has redeemed in my life and for the new people he has brought into it. Life is good and God is great.

1 comment: