May 3, 2011

I never knew you, but....

 It seems silly to mourn the loss of someone I barely knew, but I am. Sara Swenson touched my life and so many others. I had one class with her during her senior year at Corban when she returned cancer free. As time went on, Sara learned that her cancer had come back, and doctors told her they couldn't do anything anymore.
She was a beautiful girl. She was always filled with joy, strength, and the ability to trust in the Lord despite her circumstances. She went to be with Jesus on May 2nd, around 11 pm. I am overjoyed that she is no longer in pain and that she is dancing with Jesus in Heaven. All day, I've been watching her facebook wall being flooded with kind words, prayers, and the impact this young woman had on so many people who didn't even know her well. I am one of those people.

I'm not sure if Sara even knows who I am. But I knew her and her story. I followed her story and prayed for her as her journey unraveled. She touched my life in a way that is impossible to describe with words. She had to leave college to receive treatment for cancer, be away from friends and family, then return to school after everyone in her year had graduated in attempts to finish. That took strength, determination, and perseverance. Sara is a Godly woman that I look up to. She inspires me. I wish I had the opportunity to get to know her.

Sara, I am so blessed by you. Simply who you are. You shine. I am so happy that you get to be with Jesus and the angels in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment