May 18, 2011

When you find an old letter...

Today, I was looking through some old stuff. I found a letter I wrote to myself on June 17, 2010 at the beginning of my summer at Canby Grove. All the staff did this cuz it was an activity, and we got our letters to ourselves mid summer. Here is my letter:

"Just had a word activity and picked JOY. Sarah, joy can be a struggle for you. Remember, the joy of the Lord is your STRENGTH. With His strength, you are capable to do this. 
You have a passion for life, camp, and people. Remember the times of camp you have experienced. Incredible, right? You have dreamed of this experience- and now you are here. You are living your dream. God has called you to this position. He has equipped you to do so. he will work IN you, THROUGH, you, and INSPITE of you. God is still in control and sovereign. 
             You are my joy by David Crowder Band 'I cannot hold it in and remain composed, love has       oven taken me, so I purpose: I am letting myself go. You are my joy, you are my joy, you are my joy.' 
 Your passion, experiences and who God has made you to be make you the one one able to be Sarah. Only YOU. And you are the only one successful at being you.
God's purposes and love are bigger than anything you may be feeling. 
Go to the word. Don't delay. Go."

Finding this letter was extremely encouraging. It reminds me of the wonderful time I had that summer. It reminds me of my love for the Lord and my solid relationship with him that I sometimes doubt. It reminds me that my pain is okay. God just wants me. He doesn't need me to be whole, because he takes care of making me whole.
Psalm 94: 19, "when doubts will my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer"

No comments:

Post a Comment