December 4, 2011

He is only an 8th grader...

I stumbled upon this video because a few of my friends have been posting it on facebook. Please watch it with an open mind. My heart really goes out to this kid.


This kid is only in 8th grade. He says he started cutting himself in 2nd grade. 2nd?! That breaks my heart. It makes me wonder how many of the kids I counseled at camp in 2010 were really really hurting and I didn't know. I tend to think kids are kids and that they are happy. But this video shows how wrong I was. Now, I'm not saying every kid is like this guy. But this is devastating to watch.

Life shouldn't be like this.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this the other day and I can't get over it. It completely broke my heart,and you can see the pain in his eyes. It saddens me that there are people out there who struggle with this type of pain and end up hurting themselves to try and deal with it. It makes me sad that the kids or people who are doing the bullying don't pay attention to the damage, or they just think, "he needs to toughen up." But in reality God doesn't want any one to be treated this way, not even the bullies.

    ReplyDelete