April 23, 2012

What am I getting myself into?

This is the question I always ask myself when God has called me into something and I hesitantly follow Him.

I love CAMP. Everything about it. And this summer I'm working at one again! And I couldn't be more excited, but I keep asking myself, "what am I getting myself into?" I watch the videos of camp and see major outdoorsy things that scare me, but ALSO really excite me. There is a ton that I don't have answers to: what I'll be doing, what camp is like, what kinda food I'll have to eat, etc etc etc. I'm a little nervous. But I don't need all the answers, nor do I really want them.

I remember when I got word I'd be working at Canby Grove. I was so excited, but I was also experiencing fear and the unknown like never before. But I was faithful to where God called me. And I was so blessed. God did so much in my life and in my heart that summer. He made me me.

Corrie ten Boom said, "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to an all-knowing God."

So that's what I'm doing. I'm trusting, knowing where He leads me will untimately always be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment