June 23, 2012

He is faithful

"when the storm is raging all around me, you are the peace that calms my troubled sea."
Beautiful Lord by Leeland

At Kidder Creek, it has been pouring rain. I love the rain. I see so much beauty in it. I see God in it. I see God cleansing his people. Stripping them of their sin and making them new creations in Him. 

God is always there. He is faithful. Even when the future seems unknown. 

"For I know the plan I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Sometimes God's plans are not our own plans. Sometimes God takes us down unexpected roads. But he is faithful and full of promises. I do not need to worry. He will take care of me and give me peace. 

  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

At this moment in time, my future is completely unknown. My world as I know it has been shaken. But God is constant. He is unchanging. 
"For I, the Lord, do not change..." Malachi 3:6 

God, in this situation, be my constant. Become more of my foundation as I become more and more rooted in who I am in you and your plan for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment