August 3, 2012

And the Iphone tells the story of...

This last weekend/half of week, I got to spend some time in Portland. I spent the weekend with Emily doing wedding prep galore. On Sunday, we went to Solid Rock and I ran into some friends from Corvallis! :)
me, Emily, Sara, and Tina! <3 (the boys are not photographed)
Emily gets married in 8 days. EIGHT. {enter here squeals, jumping, and the big to-do pile} Then her and her hubs are moving across the country to Tennessee. I'm ganna miss this lady. We were so busy, I didn't get around to taking any pictures. I spent a majority of my time working on the Wedding Playlist. Really, I was just illegally downloading songs hardcore. Shhhh. Ladies and gentlemen, I don't think you understand what this tasks entails. I'll be honest with you: click, copy, paste, find song somewhere on hard drive, put into itunes, playlist. bam. NEXT. It took hours upon hours. BUT I'm so glad I could do it instead of the Bride.
The future Mr. & Mrs.
Monday evening, Brynn and I did a test run on Emily's wedding day makeup. I can't say any more than that, but it is going to be GREAT. Brynn and I went out to dinner with her Dad. YUM. We went to Chevy's and we delighted in cocktails and mexican food. Is there really anything better? Well, yeah, there is. But I really enjoyed my pina colada.
When we got home, we put on the Olympics. I gotta say, these people are so deserving to be there. They do some amazing stuff! While we were watching the Olympics, we laughed our booties off reading Damn You Auto Correct. Have you ever read it? You should. Pure hilariousness.
I don't know how we came up with this idea but Brynn had some extra fireworks she didn't use on the 4th of July, so we headed out into the church parking lot behind her apartment and let some loose. We we're having all sorts of fun and laughter, until we realized how late at night it was and we saw a cop car driving down the street. We picked up everything and ran inside. SO WORTH IT.

The next day, we headed to Salem. The birthplace of our beautiful friendship. I got a haircut and Brynn got a new piercing! I have been contemplating getting my nose pierced for nearly 2 years, and I almost did, but I chickened out. In my defense, I don't have ANY piercings at all. Not even my ears!
We went out for really good, but expensive BBQ. I put a napkin in my shirt. Yes, I was that person and I have no shame. It was worth it for every single fabulous bite of ribs. Ah, drooling just remembering how good it was. We then came home, put on the Olympics and did a puzzle. Don't judge us, it was a really hard one. We worked on it patiently for all 3 hours of the Olympics. 
We kept losing pieces, and then I realized they all somehow managed to land in the crotch of my sweatpants. Don't ask. I was (and still am) as confused as you to how they got there. We laughed hysterically.
Favorite moment of the night: Brynn goes "is it weird I like to eat..." And before she could finish her sentence I said, "no, most people eat..." and we died. Literally. If laughter could induce dying it would have happened that night. Love this girl so so much. AND I'm so beyond happy she is finally back in Oregon!

Lately, I've decided to take on the task of riding a bike. {large amounts of laughter here}Yes, I do not know how to ride a bike. So Greg and I walked downtown to Peak Sports so I could get correctly sized for a bike. They let us take the bikes out on a test drive. So we did, or really, Greg did. I went on a nice walk with my bike. I rode it for probably 0.5 seconds, if that. I attempted, and Greg laughed. After such a refreshing walk downtown, we stopped at The Beanery for blended chai, and then walked to central park. I played on the swings and went down the slide. I enjoyed acting like I was 5. What's better than that? Really.

Then we decided a swim would sound absolutely decadent. So we got Peter to go along with us, and we all went swimming. Did I mention I've been sick? Well I have. My life has revolved around this nasty cough that induces dry heaving and lack of breathing. Swimming? I didn't think that one through. But it was still a refreshing little dip. Later that evening, we went on a motorcycle ride since Greg sells the beloved bike today. We enjoyed a last ride on the beautiful red babe. Or, I did. I'm not really sure if Greg enjoyed it. I couldn't see where we were most of the time, so I was singing worship in my helmet while it was too windy for Greg to hear me. I live a really beautiful life and I am amazed at the many ways God answers my prayers, hears my every word, and blesses me with such wonderful people to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment