June 28, 2011

The Morning

Every morning, the sun comes up. I don't stay up at night wondering if the next day the sun will rise, it simply does. I trust that the sun will rise every single day. I don't even think about it, because it just is one of those facts of life. I'm pretty sure you don't wonder about the sun coming up every day either (unless you live in Alaska, then tough luck to you).

"Come close, listen to the story. About a love more faithful than the morning."-True Love by Phil Wickham
When I worked at camp last summer, I would wake up at 5 am just about everyday. It was early enough to see the sun just starting to peak through the trees as I walked to the bathroom to take a hot shower before the hot water ran out. It was one of my favorite moments of the day. The quiet of the morning. The light dew on the grass. There is something beautiful about the morning. 
"The Father gave his only Son just to save us."
I can't imagine giving up someone I love to save a bunch of people who will turn on me. That is exactly what God did for us. All because He loves us. His love is so strong that is cannot even be grasped by us completely. We are meant to be in awe of our Creator. 
I love the lyrics to Phil Wickham's True Love. God's love is more faithful than the sun-rising. This is incredible! I am such a weak follower because I often find myself doubting God, His promises, and what He is doing in me. But His promises are real and His love is more constant then the sun-rising. When I feel shaky and like my world is out of my control, I remember God is bigger, God is stronger, and He is way more suited to be in control then I. In the morning, I wake up, see the sun, and realize God is more faithful than that.

"We were free and made alive, the day the true love died, the day that true love died."


P.S. you should listen to the whole song. It's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment