January 10, 2012

Cracked

 There is something beautiful about when a shell is cracked to reveal something wonderful inside.
source
Think about it: how many things have a shell you need to crack to enjoy its wonderfulness.
Nuts, Coconuts, Eggs, Crab, and I'm sure there is more, but that's all I've got for now.

Just like in our own lives, sometimes God needs to crack us up and rock our world to be able to fill us with Him. Sometimes, God has to break us to plant a seed that makes us grow more than we can even imagine.

I think the same is true with a butterfly.
source
A butterfly starts as a caterpillar. No offense to God, but they aren't the most beautiful creatures. Then the caterpillar makes a cocoon, where it stays for a certain period of time. The time grows the caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly. At the end of that time, it breaks out of the shell and emerges beautiful, radiant, and captivating. I am joyful to say God is doing the same thing with me. I love the way He is stretching me, growing me, and where God is taking me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment