January 16, 2012

You have restored me

I can honestly say God is God of miracles. He transforms lives. He has done it in me.

"you have restored me, from my feeble and broken soul" -Jeremy Camp

Four months ago when I became single, I thought everything was over. But it really was just the end of my plan and the beginning of God showing me His. Now that my perspective and attitude has aligned with my Father, life is better. I can honestly say I am experiencing joy like never before. I am content in where I am at in life and excited to see where God takes me next.

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me" Psalm 51:12

From the time I left Corban (November 2010) to September 2011, I had pretty much hit rock bottom. I was a grumpy person who was not looking to God. I was following my own plan, my own way. I cared what God had for me, but I thought what I had was set and I wasn't too concerned with it. I lived in fear and had huge walls that I thought were protecting me. I viewed my friends as people who I could use to make myself feel better. I used people to fill the gaps in my heart that only God could fill.


I have been transformed. My walls do not exist anymore. God has restored me. I now view my friends as blessings who I have the opportunity to bless and experience life with. My fulfillment is in the Lord and it makes my relationships so less stressful and much more enjoyable. I am honestly okay and happy following whatever God has for me next. I'm holding my Fathers hand joyfully open to whatever each day is going to hold. I am concerned about my relationship with God and I am spending daily time with Him. (This is a HUGE deal because I had always wanted constant communication and relationship with God, but I never had the discipline to do it, until now!) I don't live in fear anymore. :) I am fulfilled in the Lord and aware of what He promises and says about me and who I am in Him. I'm excited and full of joy of where God is going to take my life.

All I can say is PRAISE THE LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment