September 15, 2011

Dare to be different

  There should be something different about Christians. We are not called to be lukewarm. We are not called to act just like all of our other friends. We are called to represent Christ daily to the world that does not know Him, but has a deep need for him.
 
"Being a Christian doesn't mean you've said one prayer. It means you've made a radical change and you aren't the same. It means God is within you. It means you have come to life. It means you serve God with everything. It means God is in control of everything and you have surrendered. It means you are becoming like Christ." -unknown

Lately, I'm having a really hard time watching people I know who are Christians engaging in the world just like everyone else. To a point, I believe that Christians are called to interact within the world. We cannot shrivel up and hide just because we are Christians and the world is a "big bad place." But at the same time, there needs to be a distinct difference from the way we live this life.
 
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." 
Romans 12:2

I am on a mission. I am daring to be different than this world. I am daring to stand up for Christ. I am daring to be a women who seeks Him with everything I am. Do you dare to be different?

No comments:

Post a Comment