September 21, 2011

What's cooking?

Last week, I made the most fabulous dinner. I was so impressed with myself because it was one of those days where I looked in my fridge, picked out random ingredients, and threw it together. It was glorious!

I used:
  • 1 raw chicken breast
  • 1/4 of an onion
  • 1 carrot
  • 3 baby red potatoes
  • fresh basil leaves
  • 1 drop olive oil
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 lemon, juiced
 I put the chicken in the roast pan and cut up the veggies to surround it. Then I drizzled the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil over the top. I sprinkled the fresh basil over the top and baked for about an hour. When it was done, the whole apartment smelt marvelous and it tasted like a dream! This recipe is so great because it is so easy to make and good for you! (Not to mention, gluten free) :)
 Any yummy recipes I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment