September 8, 2011

Perfection

per·fect  (pûrfkt) adj.
1. Lacking nothing essential to the whole; complete of its nature or kind.
2. Being without defect or blemish: a perfect specimen.
 
 
2 Corinthians 12:8-10
"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 

How amazing is that? When we are weak and falling on our knees is when Jesus is perfect, complete, lacking nothing? That is when we are strong, because of Jesus.  I am weak, but He is strong. My Jesus is strong, and He will always be. I find this as a deep deep comfort. I'm making some changes in my life. I've realized I put things from this life into the place in my heart where only God can satisfy. I realized that I became complacent in my walk with the Lord and I became okay with my own sin. 

Jesus, I never want to be at this place again. Anytime my sin keeps me from you it is a big deal and I need to take it seriously. Thank you for your grace, your strength and your love towards me, your silly lost sheep. Thank you for going to the mountains to search me out.

Matthew 18:10-14
"'See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. 'What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 
In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish."

This passage of the wandering sheep is always comforting to me. Sheep are not the smartest animals and Matthew is using sheep in this parable to relate to us as humans. We do stupid things and we wander away.  But God does not shrug his shoulders when one wanders away. He goes and leaves all the other sheep to find the one that went astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment